What information we gather
While using our websites or services, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Identifying Information: Name, birth date.
- Social and Contact Information: Phone numbers, emails, addresses, social media profiles, and emails/communications.
- Financial Data: payment information.
- Opinions, Beliefs, or Personal Preferences: Personal interests, political preferences, browsing behaviors on websites and devices behavior, comments, emails, posts, and text messages.
- Tracking Data: Cookies, IP address, Geo-location and browser data.
How we gather information
Biasly collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experience possible when using our websites and services. This data is collected in the following ways.
- Websites: You provide us with personal information when you subscribe, login to your account or correspond with us by email or phone. Additionally, we automatically collect data based on how you use our websites and other user behavior metrics utilizing analytics and cookies.
- Transactions: Information relating to payments or other transactions.
- Other sources: Information which may be received from other sources with your consent.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. We recommend you keep cookies activated. We have broken up our cookies into categories to help you understand what they do.
- Essential: These cookies are required to use our Services. For example, they are necessary to access our websites and login to your account.
- Performance: These cookies track how you interact with our websites. For example, these cookies let us know which pages on our websites load slowly or are not optimized for mobile use. We use this information to make improvements to our user experience.
- Functionality: These cookies track information about you to make using our websites easier. For example, we may retain information such as your browser and language preferences.
- Marketing and Analytics: These cookies help us create targeted advertising experiences on our websites.
Third-party cookies are cookies set by someone other than Biasly for purposes such as collecting information on user behavior, demographics, or personalized marketing. When using our Sites, you may encounter embedded content, such as YouTube videos, or you may be directed to other websites for such activities as surveys, or complete purchases through third-party payment providers. These websites and embedded content may use their own cookies. We do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites, even if you are directed to them from our website.
How we use your information
Biasly uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To administer Services and provide customer service and support;
- To operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process transactions, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices, and (iv) for recruitment purposes, if you submit an application for employment with Biasly;
- To monitor, analyze, improve and develop our Services and to create and test new Service features;
- To provide a more customized user experience;
- To validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- For internal marketing purposes;
- To comply with laws, rules and regulations; and
- For any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
We may use your personal information to contact you regarding our products, services, promotions, newsletter, and other marketing activities in accordance with applicable law. You may opt out of receiving these marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of our marketing communications or emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails relating to your use of our Services or our ongoing business relationship with you.
Disclosure of information to third parties
Biasly does not rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates, along with our service providers and third-party processors to provide you with services. We may also share your information with third parties when necessary to comply with laws and regulations; respond to subpoenas and court orders; exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to our property or the physical safety of any person, or violations of our usage instructions and applicable terms and conditions; facilitate the financing or insuring of our business or a disposition of all or part of our business or assets, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
How we protect your information
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal identification information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our websites cannot be guaranteed. Please do your part in protecting your personal information against unauthorized use. Keep your account password safe and confidential, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Also scan your computer regularly for viruses, malware, and spyware.
By using our Products or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Products. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending an email to you. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic notice of a data breach, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other sites
Do not track policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
Retention of personal information
International transfer of personal information
Legal basis for processing personal information
Some jurisdictions require us to disclose the legal basis on which we rely to process personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal basis may include one or all of the following:
- Consent: We may handle personal information based on consent provided by your or your employer on your behalf.
- Contractual Obligations: We may handle personal information to meet our contractual obligations with your or your employer.
- Legitimate Business Interest: We may handle personal information in order to provide you and your employer with the Services and accomplish our legitimate business purposes.
Your privacy rights
If you are a resident of certain states or countries, you may have the right to:
- Obtain information regarding the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information;
- Access the personal information we have obtained about you, if any;
- Correct your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Request an electronic copy of your personal information;
- Object to or opt out of the use of your personal information for certain purposes; and/or
To submit a privacy subject request, please complete contact us at email@example.com. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and verification process. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify personal information that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your applicable privacy rights requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise these rights.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our websites, create an account, or place an order. We do not knowingly direct our products to children or collect, use, or disclose information about minor visitors. If you use our websites, you represent that you are at least the age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction of your place of residence. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the minor’s account.